Bahrain Formula 1 test in numbers: The good, the bad and the ugly!
22 February, 2014
Four days of Formula 1 pre-season testing in Bahrain came to an end on Saturday, leaving only one more test, at the same venue next week, ahead of the 2014 season opening Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne.
Much like the first test in Spain last month, Mercedes powered teams look to have the early edge, while Ferrari seem to be okay their clients are struggling to come to terms with the new V6 turbo Power Units and related gizmos.
But nothing compares to the trials and tribulations of the Renault brigade who are really on the back foot in terms of lack of mileage and lap times that are drastically off the the pace.
Here are the facts and figures from Bahrain.
Subbed by AJN.
Drivers’ best lap times and total laps covered during four day test in Bahrain
- Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1m 33.283s, 174 laps
- Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1m 34.263s, 141 laps
- Kevin Magnussen, McLaren, 1m 34.910s, 127 laps
- Jenson Button, McLaren, 1m 34.957s, 169 laps
- Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, 1m 36.445s, 137 laps
- Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, 1m 36.516s, 161 laps
- Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1m 36.718s, 126 laps
- Felipe Massa, Williams, 1m 37.066s, 65 laps
- Esteban Gutierrez, Sauber, 1m 37.180s, 151 laps
- Valtteri Bottas, Williams, 1m 37.328s, 171 laps
- Sergio Perez, Force India, 1m 37.367s, 76 laps
- Felipe Nasr, Williams, 1m 37.569s, 87 laps
- Pastor Maldonado, Lotus, 1m 38.707s, 85 laps
- Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso, 1m 38.974s, 57 laps
- Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1m 39.837s, 43 laps
- Kamui Kobayashi, Caterham, 1m 39.855s, 83 laps
- Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 1m 40.224s, 73 laps
- Adrian Sutil, Sauber, 1m 40.443s, 89 laps
- Jean-Eric Vergne, Toro Rosso, 1m 40.472s, 77 laps
- Romain Grosjean, Lotus, 1m 41.670s, 26 laps
- Marcus Ericsson, Caterham, 1m 42.130s, 102 laps
- Max Chilton, Marussia, 1m 42.511s, 21 laps
- Robin Frijns, Caterham, 1m 42.534s, 68 laps
- Jules Bianchi, Marussia, no time, 8 laps
Total laps run by team:
- Williams (Mercedes), 323
- Mercedes, 315
- McLaren (Mercedes), 296
- Ferrari, 287
- Caterham (Renault), 253
- Sauber (Ferrari), 240
- Force India (Mercedes), 213
- Toro Rosso (Renault), 134
- Red Bull (Renault), 116
- Lotus (Renault), 111
- Marussia (Ferrari), 29
Total laps run by power unit:
- Mercedes, 1147 (4 teams)
- Renault, 614 (4 teams)
- Ferrari, 556 (3 teams)