F1 figures listed for the 2013 FIA Personality of the Year Award
21 November, 2013
All permanently accredited members of the media present at FIA World Championship events throughout 2013 have been asked to select their top three motor sport personalities of the year.
Among the nominees are four times F1 World Champion Sebastian Vettel, former F1 driver Robert Kubica, Red Bull design guru Adrian Newey and Sauber Team Principal Monisha Kaltenborn.
Out of over 80 names put forward, the following ten names have been listed the most:
- Jost Capito (Head of Volkswagen Motorsport)
- Eduardo Freitas (FIA World Endurance Championship Race Director)
- Monisha Kaltenborn (Sauber Formula 1 Team, Chief Executive Officer)
- Tom Kristensen (2013 FIA World Endurance Championship Winner)
- Robert Kubica (2013 FIA World Rally Championship 2 Winner)
- Sébastien Loeb (9-time FIA World Rally Championship Winner)
- Yvan Muller (2013 FIA World Touring Car Championship Winner)
- Adrian Newey (Red Bull Racing Formula 1 Team, Chief Technical Officer)
- Sébastien Ogier (2013 FIA World Rally Championship Winner)
- Sebastian Vettel (2013 FIA Formula 1 World Championship Winner)
The second phase starts on 18 November and runs until 4 December 2013. During that period, the accredited media members will have the opportunity to choose one person from the Top 10 listed to be the overall winner of the FIA Personality of the Year Award.
All ten award nominees will be invited to attend the FIA’s Annual Prize-Giving Ceremony, during which the winner will be revealed. (FIA)
Subbed by AJN.