Teams shown 2014 Formula 1 calendar with 21 race dates
5 September, 2013
Media outlets are reporting that a provisional 2014 Formula 1 World Championship calendar is being presented to teams for their consideration during the Italian GP weekend at Monza
The calendar has 21 rounds of which Austria is the only confirmed new venue, but Mexico and Russia are penciled in provisionally while Korea is also subject to a contract extension.
The season will begin on 16 March in Melbourne, with the season finale at Interlagos on 30 November. If Korea does happen it will take place on 13 April, as opposed to the customary date in October. The Austrian race, at Red Bull Ring, is scheduled for 22 June.
The traditional season break will again be from late July until the final week in August.
The New Jersey race has not been allocated a date in this draft of the calendar.
The final dates have to be ratified at the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Croatia later this month and if approved will mean that 2014 will be Formula 1′s longest ever season. (GMM.)
Subbed by AJN.
Provisional 2014 grand prix dates:
- 16 March – Australia (Albert Park, Melbourne)
- 23 March – Malaysia (Sepang, Kuala Lumpur)
- 6 April – China (Shanghai)
- 13 April – Korea* (Korea International Circuit)
- 27 April – Bahrain (Sakhir)
- 11 May – Spain (Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya)
- 25 May – Monaco (Monte Carlo)
- 8 June – Canada (Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal)
- 22 June – Austria (Red Bull Ring)
- 6 July – Britain (Silverstone)
- 20 July – Germany (Hockenheim)
- 27 July – Hungary (Hungaroring, Budapest)
- 24 August – Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
- 7 September – Italy (Monza)
- 21 September – Singapore (Marina Bay)
- 5 October – Japan (Suzuka)
- 19 October – Russia* (Sochi)
- 26 October – Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina Circuit)
- 9 November – Mexico* (Mexico City)
- 16 November – United States (Circuit of the Americas, Austin)
- 30 November – Brazil (Interlagos, Sao Paulo)
* (subject to approval of track and/or confirmation of contract)