Whitmarsh impressed with Perez start with McLaren
3 April, 2013
McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh is happy with how Sergio Perez has adapted to the team and the young Mexican’s performance amid a difficult start to the season for the Woking squad.
The McLaren MP4-28 has been a disappointment thus far, with bith drivers – including seasoned veteran Jenson Button – struggling to mix it at the sharp end of proceedings, a fact that the team boss acknowledges.
Nevertheless Whitmarsh has only praise for Perez, “I am massively satisfied given that we’ve given him a very hard start. He’s stayed calm, been a great team player. There’s been a lot of pressure. He’s not made any mistakes, driven well and been a great team asset. (Apex)
- Hamilton: When Ron Dennis told me I’d be much slower than Fernando, I thought – he’s wrong
- Magnussen: It’s a good year to enter F1, I have a lot to learn, but so will everyone else
- McLaren denies Dennis power struggle brewing after worst F1 season in decades
- Magnussen expecting to learn from great teammate Button
- Whitmarsh still keen to sign Alonso but manager claims reports are fiction
- Hometown hero Button burns rubber down Frome main street
- Brawn to head up Honda F1 engine supply project…or return to Ferrari?
- Whitmarsh: Red Bull spend the most in Formula 1, everyone knows that they do
- Button: We are definitely title contenders next year, but It’s not going to be easy
- Button: McLaren not in permanent downward spiral