McLaren: We’re all really looking forward to the first race in Melbourne
3 March, 2013
A positive end to three weeks of testing in Spain. Jenson concluded the 12 days’ running with a productive 122 laps of the Circuit de Catalunya today.
At the conclusion of the test, sporting director Sam Michael said: “After completing over 5,000 kilometres, through dry and wet conditions, we have collected plenty of data from MP4-28A. A large part of winter testing is taken up with methodically working through many systems checks and verifying that the correlation between design and track is solid – that’s more important in modern F1 as track testing opportunities are so limited. A special thank-you to everybody put so much effort into the testing program. We’re all really looking forward to the first race in Melbourne in two weeks – from the laptimes we’ve seen the season is going to be incredibly close!”
What’s next? We return to MTC, prep, and pack for Melbourne.
- Pirelli and McLaren to test 2014 spec tyres at Valleunga
- Aragon now likely venue for McLaren-Pirelli tyre test
- FIA stops McLaren’s planned Pirelli test in Austin
- McLaren next in line for private Pirelli test
- Turvey: I loved the experience
- Magnussen: I feel ready for Formula 1
- McLaren: A busy day working on setups and new systems
- McLaren: The programme was efficient and productive
- McLaren: With 100 laps under his belt, it was a positive first day
- Button: A very difficult few test days for me in terms of mileage