McLaren: We’re all really looking forward to the first race in Melbourne
3 March, 2013
A positive end to three weeks of testing in Spain. Jenson concluded the 12 days’ running with a productive 122 laps of the Circuit de Catalunya today.
At the conclusion of the test, sporting director Sam Michael said: “After completing over 5,000 kilometres, through dry and wet conditions, we have collected plenty of data from MP4-28A. A large part of winter testing is taken up with methodically working through many systems checks and verifying that the correlation between design and track is solid – that’s more important in modern F1 as track testing opportunities are so limited. A special thank-you to everybody put so much effort into the testing program. We’re all really looking forward to the first race in Melbourne in two weeks – from the laptimes we’ve seen the season is going to be incredibly close!”
What’s next? We return to MTC, prep, and pack for Melbourne.
- McLaren: A difficult final day for Jenson and the team
- Magnussen says he is ready as can be for his grand prix debut
- McLaren: We’re not quite there yet, but we have more to come
- Boullier surprised by Renault’s problems
- Hamilton: Are we pushing? I just get in the car and drive and try to break it
- Driver schedules for final Formula 1 preseason test in Bahrain
- McLaren: We completed more than 1600 km of largely trouble-free running
- Magnussen: A dream every time I get in the car, so cool to be here and to be driving
- Bahrain Day 2: Magnussen fastest by far as Renault finally sees light at the end of the tunnel
- McLaren: We’re still learning a lot about the car