McLaren: Pleased with progress
23 February, 2013
Final day of the Barcelona test, and the second day in the cockpit for Jenson.
Despite temperamental weather – it started to spit with rain from first running this morning (Friday), meaning Jenson Button only conducted a single run on slicks – the team completed a full programme and was pleased with progress.
The rain also allowed the team to run Pirelli’s Intermediate and Full Wet compounds – another very useful opportunity ahead of the unpredictable weather often encountered at the opening races.
What’s next? The team remains in Barcelona for a second session next week (Feb 28-Mar 3). Driving duties will be split Sergio-Jenson-Sergio-Jenson, and the car will run in Melbourne-spec for the first time.
Test dates: Four days (February 19-22)
- Pirelli and McLaren to test 2014 spec tyres at Valleunga
- Aragon now likely venue for McLaren-Pirelli tyre test
- FIA stops McLaren’s planned Pirelli test in Austin
- McLaren next in line for private Pirelli test
- Turvey: I loved the experience
- Magnussen: I feel ready for Formula 1
- McLaren: We’re all really looking forward to the first race in Melbourne
- McLaren: A busy day working on setups and new systems
- McLaren: The programme was efficient and productive
- McLaren: With 100 laps under his belt, it was a positive first day