McLaren: Pleased with progress
23 February, 2013
Final day of the Barcelona test, and the second day in the cockpit for Jenson.
Despite temperamental weather – it started to spit with rain from first running this morning (Friday), meaning Jenson Button only conducted a single run on slicks – the team completed a full programme and was pleased with progress.
The rain also allowed the team to run Pirelli’s Intermediate and Full Wet compounds – another very useful opportunity ahead of the unpredictable weather often encountered at the opening races.
What’s next? The team remains in Barcelona for a second session next week (Feb 28-Mar 3). Driving duties will be split Sergio-Jenson-Sergio-Jenson, and the car will run in Melbourne-spec for the first time.
Test dates: Four days (February 19-22)
- McLaren: A difficult final day for Jenson and the team
- Magnussen says he is ready as can be for his grand prix debut
- McLaren: We’re not quite there yet, but we have more to come
- Boullier surprised by Renault’s problems
- Hamilton: Are we pushing? I just get in the car and drive and try to break it
- Driver schedules for final Formula 1 preseason test in Bahrain
- McLaren: We completed more than 1600 km of largely trouble-free running
- Magnussen: A dream every time I get in the car, so cool to be here and to be driving
- Bahrain Day 2: Magnussen fastest by far as Renault finally sees light at the end of the tunnel
- McLaren: We’re still learning a lot about the car