Bianchi called up to test for Force India at Jerez

5 February, 2013

Paul di Resta and Jules Bianchi

Paul di Resta and Jules Bianchi

Jules Bianchi has emerged as the hot favourite to complete the 2013 Formula Onegrid as he has been called up to test the new Force India at Jerez this week.

As Paul di Resta recently launched the VJM06 alone at Silverstone, team officials confirmed that Frenchman Bianchi, 23, is a leading candidate to be the Scot’s teammate.

And, referring to Ferrari’s development ‘academy’ driver, that team’s boss Stefano Domenicali said earlier this month: “We are currently trying to find him a role in F1 and when we have some news, we will let you know.”

Force India has confirmed reports that Bianchi, their reserve last year, will drive the VJM06 at Jerez on Friday.

“Jules will be able to provide the team’s engineers with further comparison feedback between last year’s car and the VJM06,” said the Silverstone based team. (GMM)

Subbed by AJN.


  • Hawk

    I thought Bianchi was the Force India test and reserve driver. So is this any news?

  • The Pessimist

    This news would certainly be a dampner for Force India fans who were expecting Adrian Sutil, Kamui Kobayashi or Bruno Senna to be named as the second driver.

    If Jules Bianchi who’s considered a less than average driver by many pundits in the paddock gets promoted Force India will loose a big chunk of points and would not be faring any better than 9th this season.

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » appearance » Widgets » and move a widget into Advertise Widget Zone