Button expects Webber to help Vettel in third title bid
25 October, 2012
Actually, Red Bull insists that both its drivers – Webber and Sebastian Vettel – will enjoy free reign to push for the championship, even though Australian Webber is now a huge 63 points behind with just four races still to run.
“I’ll eat my hat if Webber wins [races] ahead of Seb,” McLaren’s Button is quoted by Germany’s Sport1.
Indeed, Motorsport Aktuell reports that Webber is actually contractually obliged to help Vettel now, having triggered a clause in his contract that names a maximum points gap to his teammate at a certain point of the season.
Subbed by AJN.
- Marko: What annoyed us is that Renault were not open, now there is a constructive cooperation
- Vettel shocked by Domenicali departure from Ferrari
- Marko: We’re amazed by aggressiveness that Mercedes used to argue against us
- Ricciardo surprised by Lotus struggles with Renault engine
- Red Bull: We are of course disappointed by the outcome
- Red Bull appeal fails as International Court of Appeal upholds Melbourne disqualification
- Mercedes seeking big punishment for Red Bull
- Decision on Red Bull Melbourne disqualification appeal on Tuesday
- Red Bull taking new evidence to appeal in Paris
- Mercedes W05 on par with Newey’s Red Bull RB10 believes Costa