Button expects Webber to help Vettel in third title bid
25 October, 2012
Actually, Red Bull insists that both its drivers – Webber and Sebastian Vettel – will enjoy free reign to push for the championship, even though Australian Webber is now a huge 63 points behind with just four races still to run.
“I’ll eat my hat if Webber wins [races] ahead of Seb,” McLaren’s Button is quoted by Germany’s Sport1.
Indeed, Motorsport Aktuell reports that Webber is actually contractually obliged to help Vettel now, having triggered a clause in his contract that names a maximum points gap to his teammate at a certain point of the season.
Subbed by AJN.
- Horner: Sebastian’s having a tough time because he hasn’t got that feeling from the car he’s looking for
- Red Bull: Special new fuel will bring us two, maybe even three tenths in Spain
- Red Bull war of words with Mercedes shifts into high gear
- McLaren should focus on track not court says Horner
- Vettel struggling with the challenge of not having the best F1 car at his disposal
- Red Bull play down Ricciardo beating Vettel but experts are surprised
- Rosberg: I lead the championship and I plan to keep it that way
- Vettel reluctant to let Ricciardo pass but eventually capitulates to team order in China
- Red Bull: We know that we have a lot of work to do
- Dennis hits back at Horner’s stance on Fallows