Button expects Webber to help Vettel in third title bid
25 October, 2012
Actually, Red Bull insists that both its drivers – Webber and Sebastian Vettel – will enjoy free reign to push for the championship, even though Australian Webber is now a huge 63 points behind with just four races still to run.
“I’ll eat my hat if Webber wins [races] ahead of Seb,” McLaren’s Button is quoted by Germany’s Sport1.
Indeed, Motorsport Aktuell reports that Webber is actually contractually obliged to help Vettel now, having triggered a clause in his contract that names a maximum points gap to his teammate at a certain point of the season.
Subbed by AJN.
- Marko: If our disastrous state does not change soon, I could not blame Vettel for thinking about a change
- Ricciardo: I’m 100 per cent sure they are going to give me as much opportunity as Seb
- Vettel: We have to fight, charge forward and take everything we can get
- Vettel opts for Suzie as name for his 2014 car
- Red Bull may give up on 2014 chase very early claims Trulli
- Horner: Nico and Lewis are favourites and they could win in Melbourne by two laps
- Vettel admits that Red Bull goes to Melbourne with the RB10 Plan-B car
- Renault: We still have a long-term agreement with Red Bull, there is no separation
- No fifth world title for Vettel in 2014 predicts Villeneuve
- Australian Grand Prix: Red Bull preview Melbourne