Button expects Webber to help Vettel in third title bid
25 October, 2012
Actually, Red Bull insists that both its drivers – Webber and Sebastian Vettel – will enjoy free reign to push for the championship, even though Australian Webber is now a huge 63 points behind with just four races still to run.
“I’ll eat my hat if Webber wins [races] ahead of Seb,” McLaren’s Button is quoted by Germany’s Sport1.
Indeed, Motorsport Aktuell reports that Webber is actually contractually obliged to help Vettel now, having triggered a clause in his contract that names a maximum points gap to his teammate at a certain point of the season.
Subbed by AJN.
- Horner: We won the title early, enabling us to focus on the RB10 while our rivals battled
- Critics of faultless Vettel are incompetent declares Pirro
- Ferrari tester Gene believes that Red Bull will have advantage in 2014
- Newey: We are about six months off being prepared for the start of the 2014 season
- Newey: 2014 car is cousin to Red Bull RB9 and shares similar traits
- Ricciardo shedding kilos to fit in to Red Bull RB10 cockpit
- Haug doubts that Mercedes can break Red Bull and Vettel dominance
- Webber: I still don’t really know Marko’s role in the team, he was very critical of me from day one
- Whitmarsh: Red Bull spend the most in Formula 1, everyone knows that they do
- Vettel or Alonso? Formula 1 drivers divided over who is the best