Buemi looking to announce 2013 return soon

15 October, 2012

Sebastien Buemi (SUI) Red Bull Racing Third Driver. Formula One World Championship, Rd15, Japanese Grand Prix, Qualifying, Suzuka, Japan, Saturday 6 October 2012.Oct.15 (GMM) Sebastien Buemi has revealed that he is confident of returning to the Formula One grid in 2013.

Like Pirelli tester Jaime Alguersuari, Swiss Buemi was ousted by Toro Rosso at the end of last year but retained by team owner Red Bull as the main team’s F1 reserve.

Dr Helmut Marko has said that he is happy to keep Buemi, 23, at Red Bull Racing next season, but at the same time vowed to not stand in his way should he be offered a 2013 race seat.

With Nico Hulkenberg heading to Sauber to replace the McLaren-bound Sergio Perez, it has been reported that Buemi is a leading contender to move to Force India in 2013.

But, reportedly, so too are Spaniard Alguersuari and also the well-backed former Force India driver Adrian Sutil.

Buemi told the French-language RMC: “Everything is going well in the discussions for next year.

“But as long as nothing is done, I’d rather not talk about it. But it is on track and I hope to announce something soon,” he added.

Subbed by AJN.


  • Sohail Khan

    Vijay Mallya and Force India should be idiots to hire someone like Buemi who simply to put it is “not good enough” to be in formula one.

  • psych4191

    I’m all for the other guy from STR getting a seat. But Buemi? How ’bout no.

    Jaime was axed for being an ass hole to RBR, Buemi was axed for being extremely slow.

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » appearance » Widgets » and move a widget into Advertise Widget Zone