Di Resta and Hulkenberg top candidates for Ferrari move
5 October, 2012
Previously, it was believed that the Scot’s current Force India teammate Nico Hulkenberg was the most likely candidate, having reportedly even signed some sort of ‘pre-agreement’.
But Brazilian Massa also appears well and truly in the frame, sounding confident that he will keep his seat in 2013, when speaking to reporters at Suzuka on Thursday.
But La Stampa’s Mancini claimed that “the likely replacement” for Massa is 26-year-old di Resta, who admitted in Japan to being disappointed about missing the McLaren seat to Sergio Perez.
“The decisions have been taken for obvious commercial reasons,” di Resta, who is managed by Jenson Button’s management arm, is quoted by the Sun newspaper.
“I have always said I want to be winning races and when I get the chance to do that then I’ll grab it with both hands.”
So for the moment, even with Hamilton and Schumacher’s futures now clear, the ‘silly season’ remains in full swing.
“Everybody is a competitor, each vying for his opportunity,” Hulkenberg, who has also been linked with Sauber, is quoted by German media on Thursday.
“The events of the last week created a lot of movement in the driver market,” said the German. “Of course I want to know what’s happening now, not in three months.
“There should be clarity in a few weeks, but nothing is decided yet,” added Hulkenberg.
When asked if he is sure he will be on the grid in 2013, he answered emphatically: “Yes.”
Subbed by AJN.
- Sutil and Di Resta moving on after Force India wields the axe
- Force India confirms multi-year deal for Perez to partner Hulkenberg in 2014
- Di Resta looking to DTM as Perez likely to replace him at Force India
- Mallya: Having Nico in our line-up is a real statement of intent by Force India
- Silly Season Latest: Hulkenberg and Perez to Force India and Sutil to Sauber
- Hulkenberg has reportedly signed Force India deal for 2014
- Di Resta: I don’t know what will happen next year, I’ve got to wait and see
- Di Resta admits Indycar an option for 2014
- Hulkenberg in frame for 2014 race seat at Lotus, Force India or Sauber
- Di Resta could replace cousin Franchitti in Indycar