Grand Prix International #39
3 October, 2012
Unless you have been on the moon, or buried under ground for the past week, you will know that Lewis is off to Mercedes, Sergio to McLaren and Schumie (hopefully) to the beach!
Much has been written about this over the past few days; nevertheless we give you the blow by blow account of the biggest off-track news of the season, which is set to usher in a new F1 era as of March 2013.
Of course there is the not insignificant issue of the 2012 world championship title contest which resumes this weekend with Round 15 and we preview the Japanese Grand Prix which takes place at one of the most hallowed venues on the calendar – Suzuka – where another chapter of an incredible season will be written.
In this issue:
- Hamilton defects to Mercedes for $100 million
- Big boost for Lewis Hamilton ‘the brand’
- McLaren: We made Lewis a very, very big financial offer
- Schumacher: It did not go as well as we wanted
- Silly season losers: Scumacher and McLaren?
- Rosberg: I will not be number two
- Lauda convinced Hamilton to leave McLaren
- Whitmarsh: Sergio one of the most exciting talents in F1
- Japanese Grand Prix preview
- Suzuka drivers preview quotes
- Big Picture: Hamilton’s F1 debut