Hamilton has ‘no idea’ about Mercedes rumours
6 September, 2012
Sep.6 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton put up his defenses on Thursday when asked about his current situation at McLaren, and a possible future beyond the British team amid speculation regarding a move to Mercedes in 2013.
A week after the damaging ‘Twittergate’ affair, pundit Eddie Jordan thinks the 2008 world champion is set for a shock switch to Mercedes.
But when asked about the German squad at Monza and the possible benefits of joining them in 2013, 27-year-old Hamilton answered: “I’ve no idea. I’ve not really thought about it. I drive for McLaren.”
Asked if he has anything else to say about the rumours, Hamilton said: “Not really.”
Hamilton was also coy when asked about the Twitter affair, in which his teammate Jenson Button admitted to being “disappointed” about the release of secret team telemetry.
“Nothing happened, the head of the PR department asked me to take it off, so I did,” Hamilton said. “I’ve moved on.
“I haven’t spoken to Jenson about it and don’t plan to.”
Subbed by AJN.
- Hamilton: Winning is the only thing that counts
- Brawn admits Formula 1 return possible after fishing break
- Lauda: I told Hamilton that if he made Mercedes win he’d be a bigger legend than anybody
- Lauda: Brawn wants time to go fishing, but I would not be surprised if he came back to F1
- Malaysian youngster Jaafar tests Mercedes
- Schumacher: On Mercedes fortunes, on Vettel’s dominance and on life after F1
- Mercedes: Brawn to leave team and hand leadership over to Wolff and Lowe
- Haug doubts that Mercedes can break Red Bull and Vettel dominance
- Fire brigade called as Mercedes V6 turbo goes up in flames
- Hamilton: I look back on joining Mercedes as absolutely the right decision