Massa fastest during Copa Fiat testing in Brazil
20 August, 2012
Aug.20 (GMM) Felipe Massa, who is fighting to keep his seat at Ferrari after seven consecutive seasons with the famous Italian team, gave his August break a boost at the weekend by going P1 at his home circuit, Interlagos.
“Having one set of tyres more than the others helped me but I was not expecting to be quicker than excellent and experienced drivers like Christian Fittipaldi, Cacà Bueno and André Bragantini, who are leading the championship,” said Massa.
Meanwhile in the Auto Motor und Sport mid-season ranking the 31-year-old was a lowly seventeenth – 16 places behind his excellent teammate Fernando Alonso and even reportedly outclassed by drivers including Daniel Ricciardo and Vitaly Petrov.
“Many people believe this is the first time I’ve been in such a situation,” Massa is quoted by the Russian website f1news.ru.
“It’s not. It happened a lot in the series I did before Formula One – if I did not win the race then I probably wouldn’t have the money to do the next one.”
Subbed by AJN.
- Montezemolo orders immediate overhaul at Ferrari to end bureaucracy
- Lopez: With us Kimi was a strong driver, so the gap at Ferrari is a bit surprising
- Domenicali is a scapegoat says former Ferrari team manager
- Raikkonen: If I was not motivated I wouldn’t be here
- Alonso: I think this podium should be dedicated to Stefano Domenicali
- Alonso: We need to keep scoring points, as many as we can now that we are not super-competitive
- Ferrari: The result is a reward for the effort that all the team is putting into every area
- Mattiacci plays down Alonso departure reports
- Ferrari: We will try and exploit any opportunity to attack
- Mattiacci: I thought the call from Montezemolo was a late April Fool’s joke