Massa fastest during Copa Fiat testing in Brazil
20 August, 2012
Aug.20 (GMM) Felipe Massa, who is fighting to keep his seat at Ferrari after seven consecutive seasons with the famous Italian team, gave his August break a boost at the weekend by going P1 at his home circuit, Interlagos.
“Having one set of tyres more than the others helped me but I was not expecting to be quicker than excellent and experienced drivers like Christian Fittipaldi, Cacà Bueno and André Bragantini, who are leading the championship,” said Massa.
Meanwhile in the Auto Motor und Sport mid-season ranking the 31-year-old was a lowly seventeenth – 16 places behind his excellent teammate Fernando Alonso and even reportedly outclassed by drivers including Daniel Ricciardo and Vitaly Petrov.
“Many people believe this is the first time I’ve been in such a situation,” Massa is quoted by the Russian website f1news.ru.
“It’s not. It happened a lot in the series I did before Formula One – if I did not win the race then I probably wouldn’t have the money to do the next one.”
Subbed by AJN.
- Alonso: Stefano is a great man, first of all, and I am a close friend of his
- Montezemolo: Mattiacci is going to be at the helm for a long time, and I will be more hands on
- Ferrari could soon turn full focus to 2015 season
- Lauda slams Montezemolo for Formula 1 taxi drivers jibe
- Vettel shocked by Domenicali departure from Ferrari
- Montezemolo: I have decided to focus on a young manager that I believe in a lot
- Ferrari priority is to establish themselves as second best team
- Ferrari rope in Italian Olympic boss to keep up the noise against new era Formula 1
- Berger, Brawn or Bell all candidates to replace Domenicali
- Inside Line: Ferrari pave the way for the return of Ross Brawn to Maranello