Massa fastest during Copa Fiat testing in Brazil
20 August, 2012
Aug.20 (GMM) Felipe Massa, who is fighting to keep his seat at Ferrari after seven consecutive seasons with the famous Italian team, gave his August break a boost at the weekend by going P1 at his home circuit, Interlagos.
“Having one set of tyres more than the others helped me but I was not expecting to be quicker than excellent and experienced drivers like Christian Fittipaldi, Cacà Bueno and André Bragantini, who are leading the championship,” said Massa.
Meanwhile in the Auto Motor und Sport mid-season ranking the 31-year-old was a lowly seventeenth – 16 places behind his excellent teammate Fernando Alonso and even reportedly outclassed by drivers including Daniel Ricciardo and Vitaly Petrov.
“Many people believe this is the first time I’ve been in such a situation,” Massa is quoted by the Russian website f1news.ru.
“It’s not. It happened a lot in the series I did before Formula One – if I did not win the race then I probably wouldn’t have the money to do the next one.”
Subbed by AJN.
- Pirro says Ferrari needed to boost driver line-up with Raikkonen
- Ferrari tester Gene believes that Red Bull will have advantage in 2014
- Whitmarsh still keen to sign Alonso but manager claims reports are fiction
- Alonso exhibition documents his racing exploits from toddler to Ferrari driver
- Ferrari already secretly testing F1 V6 turbo engine at Fiorano?
- Montezemolo: We will prohibit Alonso from Twitter
- Vettel or Alonso? Formula 1 drivers divided over who is the best
- Ferrari to abandon pullrod layout for 2014
- Montezemolo: Horner as Ecclestone’s successor a joke
- Alonso predicts that he will win more F1 titles before retiring