Perez signals interest in Ferrari for 2013 seat
2 August, 2012
That is the claim of the Blick and La Gazzetta dello Sport newspapers, reporting that Raikkonen and Button are much more likely to stay with their current teams – Lotus and McLaren, in 2013.
According to Gazzetta, that leaves candidates like Nico Hulkenberg, Paul di Resta, Heikki Kovalainen and Kamui Kobayashi.
Another driver who this week has confirmed that he might be in the running is Sergio Perez, the young Mexican who already races a Ferrari-powered Sauber, and who is the cream of Ferrari’s driver development ‘academy’.
“If there is an opportunity with them [Ferrari] or another team, then it’s the time to know,” the 22-year-old was quoted on Wednesday by the Press Association.
Subbed by AJN.
- Sutil manager says there are two options on the table for 2014
- Top Sauber engineer set to follow Hulkernberg to Force India
- Marussia could merge with Sauber and reduce F1 grid to 10 teams
- Silly Season Latest: Hulkenberg and Perez to Force India and Sutil to Sauber
- Sauber: A consolidating end to the season, which has been very difficult for the team
- Sauber: A disappointing result which does not reflect our performance
- Sauber: We worked on the balance and made some progress
- Sauber previews the Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos
- Hulkenberg in frame for 2014 race seat at Lotus, Force India or Sauber
- Sauber: We are very happy with this solid result for the team