Perez signals interest in Ferrari for 2013 seat
2 August, 2012
That is the claim of the Blick and La Gazzetta dello Sport newspapers, reporting that Raikkonen and Button are much more likely to stay with their current teams – Lotus and McLaren, in 2013.
According to Gazzetta, that leaves candidates like Nico Hulkenberg, Paul di Resta, Heikki Kovalainen and Kamui Kobayashi.
Another driver who this week has confirmed that he might be in the running is Sergio Perez, the young Mexican who already races a Ferrari-powered Sauber, and who is the cream of Ferrari’s driver development ‘academy’.
“If there is an opportunity with them [Ferrari] or another team, then it’s the time to know,” the 22-year-old was quoted on Wednesday by the Press Association.
Subbed by AJN.
- Sauber: We managed to get through a busy programme
- Sauber: We encountered an anomaly on the engine
- Sauber: We were able to really get into race weekend procedures
- Sauber: The number of laps we did today was decent
- Sauber: Mechanically and aerodynamically the car is working well
- Sauber: There is a lot of work to do to understand everything properly
- Sauber: The long runs didn’t quite go to plan
- Sauber appoints Simona De Silvestro to Affiliate Driver role
- Formula 1 drivers surprised by V6 turbo engine torque
- Sauber doing their bit for a good cause