Perez signals interest in Ferrari for 2013 seat
2 August, 2012
That is the claim of the Blick and La Gazzetta dello Sport newspapers, reporting that Raikkonen and Button are much more likely to stay with their current teams – Lotus and McLaren, in 2013.
According to Gazzetta, that leaves candidates like Nico Hulkenberg, Paul di Resta, Heikki Kovalainen and Kamui Kobayashi.
Another driver who this week has confirmed that he might be in the running is Sergio Perez, the young Mexican who already races a Ferrari-powered Sauber, and who is the cream of Ferrari’s driver development ‘academy’.
“If there is an opportunity with them [Ferrari] or another team, then it’s the time to know,” the 22-year-old was quoted on Wednesday by the Press Association.
Subbed by AJN.
- Sauber: We are going through a tough time
- Sauber: We were able to reduce the gap to our direct competitors
- Sauber: We were able to find some improvements on the C33
- Smallest teams write explosive letter to F1 power brokers
- De Silvestro set to make Formula 1 test debut for Sauber
- Sauber: We found a couple of things which are quite interesting and helpful
- Sauber: We knew on this track our limitations with the powertrain would be significant
- Maldonado penalised for bizarre incident which flipped Gutierrez
- Sutil penalised for dangerous incident during Bahrain Qualifying
- Sauber: With our performance we are not where we want to be