Button not ready to help Hamilton in title bid
31 July, 2012
In Hungary, Felipe Massa – who is pushing to stay at Ferrari next year – vowed to help his teammate Fernando Alonso seal the drivers’ crown in 2012.
In fairness to Button, however, the situation at McLaren at the mid-point of the 2012 season is quite different.
While Alonso is leading the championship and is a massive 139 points ahead of Massa, Button has been a race winner in 2012 and is only 41 points behind Hamilton.
So Briton Button answered ‘no’ when asked if he will move over for Hamilton if he sees the sister McLaren in his mirrors.
“If I am leading a race, then I want to win that race,” he is quoted by British newspapers.
“I will not be asked to do anything but if there comes a time in this championship when I can’t win, then I will obviously help my teammate,” added Button.
Subbed by AJN.
- McLaren worst of Mercedes powered teams as woes continue in China
- McLaren: Our car isn’t competitive enough
- Whitmarsh set for $10-million McLaren payout
- Father Jan at races distracting says Magnussen
- Dennis hits back at Horner’s stance on Fallows
- McLaren taking Red Bull staff dispute to high court
- McLaren: To put it in simple terms we performed poorly
- McLaren: It’s a difficult balancing act and we’re not quite there yet,
- McLaren announces digital expansion into China
- SAP and McLaren to unveil unique Chinese GP livery