McLaren and Hilton extend partnership
21 May, 2012
May 21 (McLaren Press Release) Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is proud to extend another of its successful and long-lived relationships, renewing its Corporate Partnership with Hilton Worldwide.
Beginning in 2005, the partnership has driven consumer engagement and business-to-business opportunities as well as global brand exposure for the Hilton brand.
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes’ commitment to excellence, and a racing itinerary that takes us all over the world, is a natural fit for a company that operates more than 3,800 hotels in 88 countries.
Under the new multi-year agreement, the Partnership will align with Hilton HHonors, an award-winning guest loyalty programme that boasts 30 million members worldwide and covers all 10 of Hilton Worldwide’s brands.
Hilton HHonors members already enjoy benefits including future hotel stays, experience rewards, merchandise and vacation packages, and the Partnership with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes will add access to a new range of exclusive opportunities and VIP experiences.
The Hilton HHonors logo will appear on the rear wings of the MP4-27s raced by Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton.
A new website (www.hhonors.com/racing) will provide a hub for racing fans to follow the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team and drivers’ latest Tweets, as well as travel information to help plan unforgettable trips to grands prix.
There will also be video track guides before each race and exclusive sweepstakes for Hilton HHonors members. The first sweepstake offers the prize of a trip for two people to the Santander British Grand Prix in July, including flights, transfers, hotel accommodation, race hospitality, a guided tour of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes garage, a team shirt signed by both our drivers, and 100,000 Hilton HHonors points.
Jeff Diskin, Senior Vice President, Global Customer Marketing, Hilton Worldwide, said:
“For seven years Hilton Worldwide has been a proud sponsor of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, and this year we are excited to sustain and grow the relationship through our Hilton HHonors programme, to provide exclusive offerings to some of our most loyal members and racing fans.”
Martin Whitmarsh, Team Principal, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, said:
“At Vodafone McLaren Mercedes we set great store by the value we create for our partners, which is demonstrated by the longevity of so many of our relationships. Also, we are always looking for more and better ways to engage with our fans worldwide. This partnership will help to fulfil that ambition, because the new activities we are planning with Hilton HHonors will offer fans opportunities that are simply not normally available. We are delighted to continue working with Hilton Worldwide and look forward to creating some exciting experiences together for Hilton HHonors members around the world.”
- McLaren experiment with Magnussen could fail warns Kovalainen
- McLaren and Force India opt out of Pirelli test in Bahrain next week
- Hamilton: When Ron Dennis told me I’d be much slower than Fernando, I thought – he’s wrong
- Magnussen: It’s a good year to enter F1, I have a lot to learn, but so will everyone else
- McLaren denies Dennis power struggle brewing after worst F1 season in decades
- Magnussen expecting to learn from great teammate Button
- Whitmarsh still keen to sign Alonso but manager claims reports are fiction
- Hometown hero Button burns rubber down Frome main street
- Brawn to head up Honda F1 engine supply project…or return to Ferrari?
- Whitmarsh: Red Bull spend the most in Formula 1, everyone knows that they do