Teams geared up for intensive three days of testing at Mugello
30 April, 2012
Apr.30 (GP247) The Formula 1 circus (minus HRT) will descend on the Mugello circuit, in the hills of Tuscany, for the fourth official F1 test of the season, and the first in-season F1 testing in recent years – from Tuesday 1 May to Thursday 3 May.
HRT announced last week that they would not be making the trip to Italy, but the other eleven teams will be present – many with their reserve drivers also on duty.
McLaren is the only team who will not have either of their drivers, Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton, on duty in the cockpit of the MP427. Instead they will run reserve drivers Gary Paffett and Oliver Turvey.
Ferrari have decided to give Fernando Alonso an extra day behind the wheel of the F2012. The Spaniard will run on Tuesday and Thursday, while teammate Felipe Massa will get only Wednesday in the cockpit.
Sauber also have Kamui Kobayashi doing two days, Tuesday and Wednesday, with Sergio Perez penned down to take over the C31 on the final day.
Reserve drivers Jerome D’Ambrosio (Lotus), Valtteri Bottas (Williams), Jules Bianchi (Force India) and Rodolf Gonzalez (Caterham) will be in action for their respective teams on the opening day at Mugello.
Red Bull and Toro Rosso reserve Sebastien Buemi is not slated down for any testing during the three days.
Subbed by AJN.
|Tuesday, 1 May||Wednesday, 2 May||Thursday, 3 May|
|Red Bull||Mark Webber||Mark Webber
|Gary Paffett||Oliver Turvey|
|Ferrari||Fernando Alonso||Felipe Massa||Fernando Alonso|
|Michael Schumacher||Nico Rosberg|
|Lotus||Jerome D’Ambrosio||Kimi Raikkonen||Romain Grosjean|
|Sauber||Kamui Kobayashi||Kamui Kobayashi||Sergio Perez|
|Toro Rosso||Jean-Eric Vergne||Jean-Eric Vergne
|Williams||Valtteri Bottas||Bruno Senna||Pastor Maldonado|
|Force India||Jules Bianchi||Paul di Resta||Nico Hulkenberg|
|Caterham||Rodolfo Gonzalez||Vitaly Petrov||Heikki Kovalainen|
|Marussia||Charles Pic||Charles Pic
* HRT will not be present at Mugello
- Pirelli and F1 teams agree on 2014 tyre test schedule
- Footage of Grosjean losing his cool in Lotus garage
- Renault’s Rob White gives a frank assessment of the three F1 pre-season tests
- Tech Talk: What did Ferrari have in their bag of tricks at the final test in Bahrain?
- Bahrain Testing: The good, the bad and the ugly ahead of the Australian GP
- Domenicali: Mercedes and Williams are out in front, after them it could be us
- Pirelli report card from Formula 1 pre-season testing in Bahrain
- Vettel: At the moment we have bigger problems to solve than just the pace
- Red Bull: We know we have to catch up in a lot of areas
- Hamilton: My team is stronger than ever and there’s a lot more to come