Nervous Papa Perez told by Sauber to stay home
11 April, 2012
Apr.11 (GMM) Sauber has banned Sergio Perez’s father from attending grands prix, the Swiss newspaper Blick revealed on Wednesday.
The report said the Mexican’s dad Antonio – himself a former Mexican F3 champion – struggled to cope trackside last year when his son was injured at Monaco.
But Blick said the final straw was last weekend in Malaysia, when 22-year-old Perez was pushing for victory at slippery Sepang, and his father flitted “nervously” around the paddock.
“So the Hinwil based team gave the likeable Mexican some good advice: stay home and save your nerves,” wrote veteran correspondent Roger Benoit from Shanghai.