Button impressed with new Sauber
23 March, 2012
Mar.23 (GMM) Australian GP winner Jenson Button has admitted to being impressed with the Sauber C31.
Button’s McLaren team is the dominant force of 2012 so far, ahead of Red Bull.
But not far behind the leading pack, the Briton argues, is the former BMW outfit from Hinwil, Switzerland.
“They have definitely impressed me,” Button is quoted by Die Welt newspaper. “They are very, very fast.”
Team boss Peter Sauber agrees: “We went into the season with great expectations. Now we know that we have a fast car.”
Subbed by AJN.
- Australian Grand Prix: Sauber preview Melbourne
- Sauber: We managed to get through a busy programme
- Sauber: We encountered an anomaly on the engine
- Sauber: We were able to really get into race weekend procedures
- Sauber: The number of laps we did today was decent
- Sauber: Mechanically and aerodynamically the car is working well
- Sauber: There is a lot of work to do to understand everything properly
- Sauber: The long runs didn’t quite go to plan
- Sauber appoints Simona De Silvestro to Affiliate Driver role
- Formula 1 drivers surprised by V6 turbo engine torque