Button impressed with new Sauber
23 March, 2012
Mar.23 (GMM) Australian GP winner Jenson Button has admitted to being impressed with the Sauber C31.
Button’s McLaren team is the dominant force of 2012 so far, ahead of Red Bull.
But not far behind the leading pack, the Briton argues, is the former BMW outfit from Hinwil, Switzerland.
“They have definitely impressed me,” Button is quoted by Die Welt newspaper. “They are very, very fast.”
Team boss Peter Sauber agrees: “We went into the season with great expectations. Now we know that we have a fast car.”
Subbed by AJN.
- Sutil confirmed by Sauber as one of their drivers for 2014 season
- Gutierrez says his priority is to stay with Sauber in 2014
- 2014 Sauber F1 car passes mandatory FIA crash tests
- Sutil manager says there are two options on the table for 2014
- Top Sauber engineer set to follow Hulkernberg to Force India
- Marussia could merge with Sauber and reduce F1 grid to 10 teams
- Silly Season Latest: Hulkenberg and Perez to Force India and Sutil to Sauber
- Sauber: A consolidating end to the season, which has been very difficult for the team
- Sauber: A disappointing result which does not reflect our performance
- Sauber: We worked on the balance and made some progress