Button impressed with new Sauber
23 March, 2012
Mar.23 (GMM) Australian GP winner Jenson Button has admitted to being impressed with the Sauber C31.
Button’s McLaren team is the dominant force of 2012 so far, ahead of Red Bull.
But not far behind the leading pack, the Briton argues, is the former BMW outfit from Hinwil, Switzerland.
“They have definitely impressed me,” Button is quoted by Die Welt newspaper. “They are very, very fast.”
Team boss Peter Sauber agrees: “We went into the season with great expectations. Now we know that we have a fast car.”
Subbed by AJN.
- Smallest teams write explosive letter to F1 power brokers
- De Silvestro set to make Formula 1 test debut for Sauber
- Sauber: We found a couple of things which are quite interesting and helpful
- Sauber: We knew on this track our limitations with the powertrain would be significant
- Maldonado penalised for bizarre incident which flipped Gutierrez
- Sutil penalised for dangerous incident during Bahrain Qualifying
- Sauber: With our performance we are not where we want to be
- Sauber: We cannot be happy with the performance
- Drivers tackling 2014 races without drinks to save weight
- Sauber to run Van der Garde and Sirotkin in Bahrain practice