Champs Vettel and Red Bull get their trophies
11 December, 2010
Dec.11 (FIA) Monaco was the venue for this year’s FIA Prize Giving Gala. FIA President Jean Todt presented Sebastian Vettel, the youngest ever Formula One World Champion with the Driver’s Trophy.
The Red Bull Racing Team Principal Christian Horner was presented with the Constructor’s Trophy by FOM CEO and President, Bernie Ecclestone. Fernando Alonso of Ferrari and Mark Webber of Red Bull collected awards for second and third place in this year’s championship.
It was a memorable season for the Red Bull Racing team, taking a total of 15 pole positions throughout the championship. This season also saw the team achieve six of the fastest laps with Vettel and Webber scoring three respectively.
Sebastian Vettel said: “”This is an amazing evening for me and for the Red Bull Racing team. I’m thrilled to be here to collect the Driver’s Championship Trophy, something I have dreamt of since I started racing. Winning the championship is unbelievable; it marks an incredible season for us, with many ups and downs. We kept believing in our team, in our car and enjoyed every race.
I would really like to thank all the Red Bull Racing team and Renault Engines for their efforts and dedication in ensuring we had such an amazing car this year. I am extremely proud of the success we have achieved together.”
Team Principal Christian Horner said: “This has been a tough but incredible year for Red Bull Racing. Being presented with the Constructors’ Championship Trophy is the perfect end to what has been an outstanding season for us. I would like to thank Sebastian and Mark for their hard work and dedication this year. Seb is the youngest ever Formula One World Champion and a very deserving one at that. His success is down to what he has done on the circuit and the team is immensely proud of what he has achieved.
Mark has also done an incredible job this year. He took four grand prix victories and drove superbly this season. Both men are incredibly skilled drivers and it is a great pleasure to have them as part of our team.
I want to thank all of our staff and in particular Dietrich Mateschitz for his support this year.”
- Vettel: Double points is absurd and punishes those who worked hard for a whole season
- World champion Vettel to become a father
- Vettel helmet fetches record price at Wings for Life charity auction
- Vettel preferential treatment contributed to Webber’s quit decision
- Vettel: I’ve experienced incredible times with the team over the last few years
- Hamilton: When Ron Dennis told me I’d be much slower than Fernando, I thought – he’s wrong
- Red Bull confirms Buemi and Da Costa as 2014 reserve drivers
- Horner: We won the title early, enabling us to focus on the RB10 while our rivals battled
- Critics of faultless Vettel are incompetent declares Pirro
- Ferrari tester Gene believes that Red Bull will have advantage in 2014