Codemasters release F1 2010 game video
18 August, 2010
Aug.18 (Grand Prix 247) Codemasters, makers of the official game of the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, have released the first gameplay preview video. F1 2010 will be released on 22 September 2010 in North America, followed by the rest of the globe from 24 September 2010, with releases for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC Games for Windows.
Showcasing the race day experience of a Grand Prix, the new gameplay video features the full 24 car grid battling it out at Suzuka, Melbourne and taking on the famous Eau Rouge at Spa. The video also provides an insight into the broader driver’s experience at a Grand Prix, showing press interviews in the paddock, race engineers managing their drivers out on the circuit and motion-captured pit-lane crew returning their car into the action. On the track action shows daring passing manoeuvres and wheel-to-wheel racing as stars including Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel compete to become FIA Formula 1 World Drivers Championship.
F1 2010 will include all of the official teams, drivers and circuits. F1 2010 features a range of game modes, from quick-fire races and time trials to full Grand Prix weekends and an extensive career mode. Players will experience the thrill of racing motorsport’s most advanced cars at the world’s finest circuits, including, for the first time in a videogame, high-definition recreations of Singapore’s stunning night race and the iconic Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi.
In production at Codemasters Studios Birmingham, F1 2010 is being developed on the EGO Game Technology Platform, an evolution of the engine that powered the critically acclaimed, million-plus selling Colin McRae: DiRT 2 and Race Driver: GRID. The award-winning, under-the hood tech has been tuned to simulate the the unique aerodynamics and handling of Formula 1 cars, taking players closer to the sport than ever before.
- Schumacher: Formula 1 financial situation alarming
- Bored with Formula 1? Then check out Formula Legend management simulation
- Video: F1 2013 Classic Edition new trailer with Lauda’s Ferrari 312 T2
- F1 2013 Game: All you need to know ahead of the October release
- F1 2013 game October release date announced
- F1 2013 game to be released later this year will include classics mode
- Formula 1 game featuring drivers as cartoon characters to be released
- Sign up for beta version F1 Online: The Game
- F1 2011: It’s more than just a game
- Codemasters launch F1 Online: The Game