No F-duct for Red Bull in Canada
1 June, 2010
Jun.1 (GMM) Red Bull might not test its new F-duct system on the long straights of Montreal’s Circuit Gilles Villeneuve next Friday.
The team took its initial version of the downforce-stalling concept off the RB6 after Friday practice in Turkey, after Sebastian Vettel reported that it had not functioned perfectly.
“We need to work on getting the right effect,” said the German.
It had been expected that the team would test the innovation again during Friday practice in Canada, where the straightline speed boost will be a big advantage on the fast layout.
But on Austrian television ‘Sport und Talk aus dem Hangar 7′ on Tuesday, Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko indicated that the F-duct will not be used in Montreal next week.
“It did not work perfectly,” he confirmed on Tuesday, referring to the Istanbul Park test.
“Therefore, we are developing it further. We will bring it again to Valencia,” he added.
- Red Bull investigating possible chassis fault with Vettel’s RB10
- Horner: Sebastian’s having a tough time because he hasn’t got that feeling from the car he’s looking for
- Red Bull: Special new fuel will bring us two, maybe even three tenths in Spain
- Red Bull war of words with Mercedes shifts into high gear
- McLaren should focus on track not court says Horner
- Vettel struggling with the challenge of not having the best F1 car at his disposal
- Red Bull play down Ricciardo beating Vettel but experts are surprised
- Rosberg: I lead the championship and I plan to keep it that way
- Vettel reluctant to let Ricciardo pass but eventually capitulates to team order in China
- Red Bull: We know that we have a lot of work to do