Rosberg apologises to Schumacher
15 May, 2010
May 15 (GMM) Michael Schumacher accepted an apology from his Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg in the hours after qualifying at Monaco.
After the seven time world champion told reporters he had been blocked in Q3 by the younger German, Rosberg later said: “I apologised because I realised that it wasn’t ideal.”
The Brackley based team also took a portion of the blame, admitting that the radio and GPS systems have not been working well in the Principality.
Boss Ross Brawn conceded that Schumacher, who has been outqualified by Rosberg at every grand prix venue this year except Barcelona a week ago, was initially “annoyed” about the incident.
“But when I explained to him what happened he was ok, just frustrated,” said the Briton.
And he said it was a mistake to have the two W01 cars circulating nose-to-tail, following a problem getting “Nico’s car out of the garage. We cocked up,” admitted Brawn.
- Hamilton’s best buddies Roscoe and Coco get first class treatment
- Formula 1 drivers pay homage to inspirational Nelson Mandela
- Hamilton not giving up on Pussycat Doll despite break up
- Hamilton: Winning is the only thing that counts
- Brawn admits Formula 1 return possible after fishing break
- Lauda: I told Hamilton that if he made Mercedes win he’d be a bigger legend than anybody
- Lauda: Brawn wants time to go fishing, but I would not be surprised if he came back to F1
- Malaysian youngster Jaafar tests Mercedes
- Schumacher: On Mercedes fortunes, on Vettel’s dominance and on life after F1
- Mercedes: Brawn to leave team and hand leadership over to Wolff and Lowe