Rosberg apologises to Schumacher
15 May, 2010
May 15 (GMM) Michael Schumacher accepted an apology from his Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg in the hours after qualifying at Monaco.
After the seven time world champion told reporters he had been blocked in Q3 by the younger German, Rosberg later said: “I apologised because I realised that it wasn’t ideal.”
The Brackley based team also took a portion of the blame, admitting that the radio and GPS systems have not been working well in the Principality.
Boss Ross Brawn conceded that Schumacher, who has been outqualified by Rosberg at every grand prix venue this year except Barcelona a week ago, was initially “annoyed” about the incident.
“But when I explained to him what happened he was ok, just frustrated,” said the Briton.
And he said it was a mistake to have the two W01 cars circulating nose-to-tail, following a problem getting “Nico’s car out of the garage. We cocked up,” admitted Brawn.
- Mercedes: Both drivers are finding it tricky to get a good balance around this circuit
- Mercedes new nose passes FIA crash test and may increase advantage
- Rosberg to clear air with Hamilton over on track limits before Chinese Grand Prix
- Lauda slams Montezemolo for Formula 1 taxi drivers jibe
- Marko: We’re amazed by aggressiveness that Mercedes used to argue against us
- Mercedes seeking big punishment for Red Bull
- Bell resigns as Mercedes technical director
- Mercedes W05 on par with Newey’s Red Bull RB10 believes Costa
- Wolff: Lewis and Nico can fight each other so long as there are no harakiri moves
- Tech Talk: Bahrain front wings and the never ending quest for more downforce