Alonso and Massa relationship cooling
9 May, 2010
May 9 (GMM) Felipe Massa is not sure he would attempt to overtake his teammate on a pit entry road.
Fernando Alonso caused a stir in China three weeks ago when he passed the sister Ferrari driven by Massa on the way into the pits.
When asked if he would do it again, the Spaniard answered recently: “Absolutely yes.”
But amid rumours of growing tension between the red-clad pair, Massa was asked the same question by the Spanish newspaper Marca.
“Maybe not,” was the Brazilian’s response.
When asked to elaborate, Massa said: “I don’t know, only maybe not. What I mean is that there could have been an accident, but actually it (Alonso’s pass) was successful because I messed up the previous corner.”
Asked if he would try a pit entry move if Alonso also messed up a preceding corner, the 29-year-old insisted: “Maybe yes or maybe not, who knows.”
- Montezemolo: Mattiacci is going to be at the helm for a long time, and I will be more hands on
- Ferrari could soon turn full focus to 2015 season
- Lauda slams Montezemolo for Formula 1 taxi drivers jibe
- Vettel shocked by Domenicali departure from Ferrari
- Montezemolo: I have decided to focus on a young manager that I believe in a lot
- Ferrari priority is to establish themselves as second best team
- Ferrari rope in Italian Olympic boss to keep up the noise against new era Formula 1
- Berger, Brawn or Bell all candidates to replace Domenicali
- Inside Line: Ferrari pave the way for the return of Ross Brawn to Maranello
- Domenicali stands down as Ferrari Formula 1 team principal