Alonso and Massa relationship cooling
9 May, 2010
May 9 (GMM) Felipe Massa is not sure he would attempt to overtake his teammate on a pit entry road.
Fernando Alonso caused a stir in China three weeks ago when he passed the sister Ferrari driven by Massa on the way into the pits.
When asked if he would do it again, the Spaniard answered recently: “Absolutely yes.”
But amid rumours of growing tension between the red-clad pair, Massa was asked the same question by the Spanish newspaper Marca.
“Maybe not,” was the Brazilian’s response.
When asked to elaborate, Massa said: “I don’t know, only maybe not. What I mean is that there could have been an accident, but actually it (Alonso’s pass) was successful because I messed up the previous corner.”
Asked if he would try a pit entry move if Alonso also messed up a preceding corner, the 29-year-old insisted: “Maybe yes or maybe not, who knows.”
- Pirro says Ferrari needed to boost driver line-up with Raikkonen
- Ferrari tester Gene believes that Red Bull will have advantage in 2014
- Whitmarsh still keen to sign Alonso but manager claims reports are fiction
- Alonso exhibition documents his racing exploits from toddler to Ferrari driver
- Ferrari already secretly testing F1 V6 turbo engine at Fiorano?
- Montezemolo: We will prohibit Alonso from Twitter
- Vettel or Alonso? Formula 1 drivers divided over who is the best
- Ferrari to abandon pullrod layout for 2014
- Montezemolo: Horner as Ecclestone’s successor a joke
- Alonso predicts that he will win more F1 titles before retiring