Ferrari launch new blue Alonso T-shirt
7 May, 2010
May 7 (GMM) Even with Fernando Alonso-mania in full swing, the grandstands at Circuit de Catalunya this weekend will remain a sea of blue.
At the height of the Spaniard’s title-winning run last decade, his supporters wore the light blue of his home region Asturias — which was a perfect match for the Mild Seven-blue of the Renault car.
But now that he has switched to Ferrari, the grandstands are set to remain blue in 2010, due to the newly-launched Ferrari T-shirt that is not scarlet red.
“I’m sure they will come with their blue flags and blue colours, plus the new Ferrari T-shirt that is blue,” 28-year-old Alonso said in Barcelona.
On one sleeve of the new blue T-shirt is the yellow cross of Asturias, combined with the Prancing Horse and Alonso signature on the front.
- Montezemolo: I have decided to focus on a young manager that I believe in a lot
- Ferrari priority is to establish themselves as second best team
- Ferrari rope in Italian Olympic boss to keep up the noise against new era Formula 1
- Berger, Brawn or Bell all candidates to replace Domenicali
- Inside Line: Ferrari pave the way for the return of Ross Brawn to Maranello
- Domenicali stands down as Ferrari Formula 1 team principal
- Montezemolo: To all those jealous people wanting Domenicali’s job they have to fight for it!
- Ferrari pack up early after chassis defect found during Bahrain test
- Inside Line: Montezemolo and his underperforming team…and taxi drivers
- Alonso: Montezemolo told me Ferrari is doing 100 percent because no one is happy