Ferrari launch new blue Alonso T-shirt
7 May, 2010
May 7 (GMM) Even with Fernando Alonso-mania in full swing, the grandstands at Circuit de Catalunya this weekend will remain a sea of blue.
At the height of the Spaniard’s title-winning run last decade, his supporters wore the light blue of his home region Asturias — which was a perfect match for the Mild Seven-blue of the Renault car.
But now that he has switched to Ferrari, the grandstands are set to remain blue in 2010, due to the newly-launched Ferrari T-shirt that is not scarlet red.
“I’m sure they will come with their blue flags and blue colours, plus the new Ferrari T-shirt that is blue,” 28-year-old Alonso said in Barcelona.
On one sleeve of the new blue T-shirt is the yellow cross of Asturias, combined with the Prancing Horse and Alonso signature on the front.
- Lopez: With us Kimi was a strong driver, so the gap at Ferrari is a bit surprising
- Domenicali is a scapegoat says former Ferrari team manager
- Raikkonen: If I was not motivated I wouldn’t be here
- Alonso: I think this podium should be dedicated to Stefano Domenicali
- Alonso: We need to keep scoring points, as many as we can now that we are not super-competitive
- Ferrari: The result is a reward for the effort that all the team is putting into every area
- Mattiacci plays down Alonso departure reports
- Ferrari: We will try and exploit any opportunity to attack
- Mattiacci: I thought the call from Montezemolo was a late April Fool’s joke
- Ferrari: More important than making predictions is to stay concentrated on our work