Rosberg insists Merc mods good for him
5 May, 2010
May 5 (GMM) Nico Rosberg has hit back at suggestions that Mercedes’ heavily updated car for Barcelona could adversely affect his performance.
After teammate Michael Schumacher notably struggled at the wheel of the W01 during the first four races of his F1 comeback, the package has been significantly altered ahead of this weekend’s Spanish grand prix.
In particular, the longer wheelbase is touted to better suit the seven time world champion’s driving style, even though Rosberg – second in the world championship – was comfortable and competitive with the original specification.
Telegraph correspondent Tom Cary wrote last week that the changes could “upset Rosberg” and cost him “the chance to compete for the world title”.
But Finland’s Turun Sanomat newspaper quotes Rosberg as saying: “Why would the new car only be better for Michael?”
He denied that he enjoys a car with understeer and predicts that more front grip will “suit me as well”.
- Brawn says Hamilton and Rosberg can win the championship
- Hamilton’s best buddies Roscoe and Coco get first class treatment
- Formula 1 drivers pay homage to inspirational Nelson Mandela
- Hamilton not giving up on Pussycat Doll despite break up
- Hamilton: Winning is the only thing that counts
- Brawn admits Formula 1 return possible after fishing break
- Lauda: I told Hamilton that if he made Mercedes win he’d be a bigger legend than anybody
- Lauda: Brawn wants time to go fishing, but I would not be surprised if he came back to F1
- Malaysian youngster Jaafar tests Mercedes
- Schumacher: On Mercedes fortunes, on Vettel’s dominance and on life after F1