Bahrain GP: Force India preview
8 March, 2010
Mar.8 (YF1) 2010 marks the third year of competition in the FIA Formula One World Championship for the Force India F1 Team. After a positive finish to 2009, the team is hoping this season will be the one that firmly establishes it as a strong, competitive outfit regularly challenging for points and podiums whenever possible.
Consistency has been the key this year: Adrian Sutil and Tonio Liuzzi are retained as drivers and the team’s technical package is an evolution of last year’s increasingly competitive car. Paul di Resta, from Scotland, strengthens the driver line-up as test and reserve driver. Paul will participate in some free practice sessions this year, although not Bahrain as the race drivers will need to learn the new track configuration.
- Perez: Force India is very hungry and I hope we can achieve some great things this year
- Hulkenberg: I feel comfortable, but I think this feeling will grow stronger during the season
- Mallya: I think we can arrive in Melbourne feeling happy about the work we’ve done over the winter
- Mallya predicts early season dominance by Mercedes powered teams
- Force India: Our time in Bahrain has gone largely to plan
- Force India: We were able to do a lot of valuable work
- Perez: I have a comfortable feeling that we are in good shape for Australia
- Force India: Busy day with lots of miles completed and a great deal learned
- Force India: We were able to do some good long run simulations
- Force India: The programme was cut short by a drivetrain issue