Barcelona Day 3: McLaren report
27 February, 2010
Feb.27 (YF1) Final day’s running for Jenson Button in the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-25 before the season kicks off in Bahrain in two weeks’ time.
The morning’s session was affected by rain showers, which compromised running and limited the team’s learning of a number of new components. As a result, the morning was spent conducting a number of shorter installation runs to establish set-up.
As the track dried over the lunch hour, Jenson was able to complete a race simulation in the afternoon – a run that was only mildly disrupted by late red flags.
This also provided the opportunity for the race team to undertake a series of live pitstops, all of which went without problem.
Today’s long-run times have established a benchmark for the final day of pre-season running tomorrow, which will be carried out by Lewis.
- Magnussen enjoys Button as teammate but won’t mind Alonso
- McLaren should focus on track not court says Horner
- McLaren feeling effects of Whitmarsh absence says Lauda
- McLaren worst of Mercedes powered teams as woes continue in China
- McLaren: Our car isn’t competitive enough
- Whitmarsh set for $10-million McLaren payout
- Father Jan at races distracting says Magnussen
- Dennis hits back at Horner’s stance on Fallows
- McLaren taking Red Bull staff dispute to high court
- McLaren: To put it in simple terms we performed poorly