Barcelona Day 3: McLaren report
27 February, 2010
Feb.27 (YF1) Final day’s running for Jenson Button in the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-25 before the season kicks off in Bahrain in two weeks’ time.
The morning’s session was affected by rain showers, which compromised running and limited the team’s learning of a number of new components. As a result, the morning was spent conducting a number of shorter installation runs to establish set-up.
As the track dried over the lunch hour, Jenson was able to complete a race simulation in the afternoon – a run that was only mildly disrupted by late red flags.
This also provided the opportunity for the race team to undertake a series of live pitstops, all of which went without problem.
Today’s long-run times have established a benchmark for the final day of pre-season running tomorrow, which will be carried out by Lewis.
- 2014 F1 Preview: Rookie trio Magnussen, Ericsson and Kvyat join the elite
- Dennis: Hamilton could well be attracted back to us when we are competitive again
- Dennis: No title sponsor for Melbourne, but one expected at the next few races
- Dennis: In many ways there are similarities between Ayrton and Jenson
- Whitmarsh’s future with McLaren remains unclear
- Button wary of Red Bull and describes how Ricciardo overtook him
- McLaren: A difficult final day for Jenson and the team
- Magnussen says he is ready as can be for his grand prix debut
- McLaren: We’re not quite there yet, but we have more to come
- Boullier surprised by Renault’s problems