Barcelona Day 3: McLaren report
27 February, 2010
Feb.27 (YF1) Final day’s running for Jenson Button in the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-25 before the season kicks off in Bahrain in two weeks’ time.
The morning’s session was affected by rain showers, which compromised running and limited the team’s learning of a number of new components. As a result, the morning was spent conducting a number of shorter installation runs to establish set-up.
As the track dried over the lunch hour, Jenson was able to complete a race simulation in the afternoon – a run that was only mildly disrupted by late red flags.
This also provided the opportunity for the race team to undertake a series of live pitstops, all of which went without problem.
Today’s long-run times have established a benchmark for the final day of pre-season running tomorrow, which will be carried out by Lewis.
- Hamilton: When Ron Dennis told me I’d be much slower than Fernando, I thought – he’s wrong
- Magnussen: It’s a good year to enter F1, I have a lot to learn, but so will everyone else
- McLaren denies Dennis power struggle brewing after worst F1 season in decades
- Magnussen expecting to learn from great teammate Button
- Whitmarsh still keen to sign Alonso but manager claims reports are fiction
- Hometown hero Button burns rubber down Frome main street
- Brawn to head up Honda F1 engine supply project…or return to Ferrari?
- Whitmarsh: Red Bull spend the most in Formula 1, everyone knows that they do
- Button: We are definitely title contenders next year, but It’s not going to be easy
- Button: McLaren not in permanent downward spiral