Jerez Test Day 2: McLaren report
11 February, 2010
Feb.11 (YF1) Second and final day of testing for Jenson Button, in the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-25, at Jerez this week. The team began the day with a continuation of the early-morning aero mapping it started yesterday. After a successful number of aero runs, the morning’s running centred on finding suitable mechanical and aero set-ups with the MP4-25.
In the afternoon, the programme focused on longer running, evaluating tyres on a number of varying fuel-loads.
At the conclusion of his test, Jenson declared himself much happier with the seat and installation and was happy with the progress the team is making with the new car. He made a precautionary stop just before the day’s end when a warning light came on in the cockpit.
Lewis Hamilton will continue the running on Friday and Saturday.
Jerez Day 2 Lap Times
- McLaren and Gillette enhance partnership
- Chinese Grand Prix: McLaren preview Shanghai
- Vandoorne to replace Button in 2015 could happen says Dennis
- Tech Talk: Bahrain front wings and the never ending quest for more downforce
- Boullier: I agree with Jenson’s analysis we could be the best of the rest after Mercedes
- McLaren disputes appointment of new Red Bull aero chief
- McLaren: We managed to complete 102 laps without problem
- Dennis: Vettel does not have licence to be disrespectful just because his dominance is being shaken
- Rosberg: It was definitely the most exciting race I’ve ever done in my whole career
- McLaren: It goes without saying that we’re leaving Bahrain bitterly disappointed