Jerez Test Day 2: McLaren report
11 February, 2010
Feb.11 (YF1) Second and final day of testing for Jenson Button, in the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-25, at Jerez this week. The team began the day with a continuation of the early-morning aero mapping it started yesterday. After a successful number of aero runs, the morning’s running centred on finding suitable mechanical and aero set-ups with the MP4-25.
In the afternoon, the programme focused on longer running, evaluating tyres on a number of varying fuel-loads.
At the conclusion of his test, Jenson declared himself much happier with the seat and installation and was happy with the progress the team is making with the new car. He made a precautionary stop just before the day’s end when a warning light came on in the cockpit.
Lewis Hamilton will continue the running on Friday and Saturday.
Jerez Day 2 Lap Times
- Hamilton: When Ron Dennis told me I’d be much slower than Fernando, I thought – he’s wrong
- Magnussen: It’s a good year to enter F1, I have a lot to learn, but so will everyone else
- McLaren denies Dennis power struggle brewing after worst F1 season in decades
- Magnussen expecting to learn from great teammate Button
- Whitmarsh still keen to sign Alonso but manager claims reports are fiction
- Hometown hero Button burns rubber down Frome main street
- Brawn to head up Honda F1 engine supply project…or return to Ferrari?
- Whitmarsh: Red Bull spend the most in Formula 1, everyone knows that they do
- Button: We are definitely title contenders next year, but It’s not going to be easy
- Button: McLaren not in permanent downward spiral