Jerez Test Day 2: McLaren report
11 February, 2010
Feb.11 (YF1) Second and final day of testing for Jenson Button, in the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-25, at Jerez this week. The team began the day with a continuation of the early-morning aero mapping it started yesterday. After a successful number of aero runs, the morning’s running centred on finding suitable mechanical and aero set-ups with the MP4-25.
In the afternoon, the programme focused on longer running, evaluating tyres on a number of varying fuel-loads.
At the conclusion of his test, Jenson declared himself much happier with the seat and installation and was happy with the progress the team is making with the new car. He made a precautionary stop just before the day’s end when a warning light came on in the cockpit.
Lewis Hamilton will continue the running on Friday and Saturday.
Jerez Day 2 Lap Times
- Magnussen enjoys Button as teammate but won’t mind Alonso
- McLaren should focus on track not court says Horner
- McLaren feeling effects of Whitmarsh absence says Lauda
- McLaren worst of Mercedes powered teams as woes continue in China
- McLaren: Our car isn’t competitive enough
- Whitmarsh set for $10-million McLaren payout
- Father Jan at races distracting says Magnussen
- Dennis hits back at Horner’s stance on Fallows
- McLaren taking Red Bull staff dispute to high court
- McLaren: To put it in simple terms we performed poorly