Jerez Test Day 2: McLaren report
11 February, 2010
Feb.11 (YF1) Second and final day of testing for Jenson Button, in the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-25, at Jerez this week. The team began the day with a continuation of the early-morning aero mapping it started yesterday. After a successful number of aero runs, the morning’s running centred on finding suitable mechanical and aero set-ups with the MP4-25.
In the afternoon, the programme focused on longer running, evaluating tyres on a number of varying fuel-loads.
At the conclusion of his test, Jenson declared himself much happier with the seat and installation and was happy with the progress the team is making with the new car. He made a precautionary stop just before the day’s end when a warning light came on in the cockpit.
Lewis Hamilton will continue the running on Friday and Saturday.
Jerez Day 2 Lap Times
- 2014 F1 Preview: Rookie trio Magnussen, Ericsson and Kvyat join the elite
- Dennis: Hamilton could well be attracted back to us when we are competitive again
- Dennis: No title sponsor for Melbourne, but one expected at the next few races
- Dennis: In many ways there are similarities between Ayrton and Jenson
- Whitmarsh’s future with McLaren remains unclear
- Button wary of Red Bull and describes how Ricciardo overtook him
- McLaren: A difficult final day for Jenson and the team
- Magnussen says he is ready as can be for his grand prix debut
- McLaren: We’re not quite there yet, but we have more to come
- Boullier surprised by Renault’s problems